Alptitude!

High Hopes in the French Alps

Limping Sock..

Stable day today… Dennis had a long transfer and I had stuff to do in the house, but I was hoping that I might get out to fly. It didn’t happen, but I did go out to attempt to do a bit more ground-handling by the lake.. when I got there, the windsock was really limp and in a sorry state, it was barely worth getting the glider out of the bag! I waited for a while, then decided to bin it.

limp sock

I spoke to Dennis who was driving past Annecy at the time, and he was saying how still and calm it all looked, he didn’t see anyone flying, which is very rare for Annecy! I saw a couple of gliders ploufing,but decided it may take me a heckuva long time to get home if I can’t get a lift back up and for a minor plouf I decided to leave it. The weather is looking ok for tomorrow although it looks like it might be a bit too stable… which doesn’t really matter as we’ve both got Transfers booked.

Advertisements

February 11, 2011 - Posted by | Transfers

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: