Alptitude!

High Hopes in the French Alps

Flying…

We had a great afternoon flying today. With Tom and Ian flying with us. Tom was only on his fifteenth flight and was skying right out! – Both Ian and Dennis, and myself had an equally as great a time, but we all headed off in our own directions. I have very happily acquired my own new glider, and have returned to the ever faithful feeling of the Advance Sigma, and have a new Sigma 8, which I am enjoying immensely.  My Delta, has found a new home down under, and I trust is seeing a lot  more sunshine than my new wing has!

Sorry folks no pictures, we’ve been having far too much fun on our new gliders, than to be worrying about taking snaps of the experience… although having said that, I think we may have some on Dennis’s phone and also Natasha took a few pics of us on one of the days, but as yet I haven’t taken them off the laptop! Will get ’round to it soon… seeings as we’ve got some days of rain ahead..

Incidentally, weather wise it was an amazingly good day, with easy stay-up-able conditions, not so much sunny, as quite cloudy but with some pull and punch!

Advertisements

April 9, 2012 - Posted by | Flying

8 Comments »

1. Everyone are getting new gliders then, the sigma-8 goes well, Tim Pentreath has been doing some nice flights on his this year – I’m still on the GTO but have a Niviuk Icepeak-6 on order, my first 2-liner! I don’t get it until June though so I may not get it in time for some of the comps I’m doing. I’m driving the campervan over for the Belgian – see you then no doubt.

Comment by Colin Hawke | April 17, 2012 | Reply

• Hi Colin. The Sigma 8 is great and we’re having lots of fun. Unfortunately we’ve pulled out of the Belgian comp but we’ll be over then as we are working with clients in Annecy that week .. Best regards – Dennis

Comment by Dennis Trott | April 18, 2012 | Reply

• Hey Colin,
      What comps are you doing where you can fly the 2-liner? Thought that was all over!
      Gillian

Comment by Dennis Trott | April 18, 2012 | Reply

• Oh that’s a shame Dennis, I’m sure I’ll see you around anyway. Hi Gillian, they are managing to get some of the 2-liners through EN-D! Ozone got the R10.2 through with a limited top speed and called the wing the Enzo. Niviuk’s new 2-liner, the Icepeak-6, also got EN-D so is allowed in all the comps 🙂

Comment by Colin Hawke | April 20, 2012

2. Gillian, I’m doing the NS Cup in the UK, the Meduno Brits in Italy, the Belgian and the US open in Idaho.

Comment by Colin Hawke | April 20, 2012 | Reply

• Hey Colin,
      Finally got ’round to replying! The PWC has been here in Annecy this week, but they’ve only managed to get half a task in! so bit of a washout… Here’s hoping your comps work out a bit better! Interesting you’re off to the US let me know if you get treated like ‘cattle’ through customs! 🙂 We were out yesterday, working and a few enzo’s were out and about. Strange weather though, not surprised they binned the comp in Annecy!

Comment by Gillian | May 18, 2012 | Reply

3. Hey Gillian, Meduno turned out OK we flew 5 days in a row but only got 3 tasks in – I came 6th overall so should get a good PWC qualification letter so I’ll be PWCing next year 🙂 The IP-6 seems to go as well as the Enzo and I’m really enjoying flying it. Belgians in 2 weeks in Annecy lets hope for better weather than the PWC had. If we get a weather down day I’ll come by perhaps?

Cheers, Col

Comment by Colin Hawke | June 4, 2012 | Reply

• Sounds like it was a good comp, Colin and great to see you way up there, stacking it to the top! Looks like you’ve bonded with the IP-6 so more fun ahead. Well here’s hoping you don’t get a down weather day! 🙂 but we may be in Annecy anyway as we’ve a client there next week, so weather depending we may be there anyway. Feel free to pop by Colin, but we may catch you in Annecy too. Have fun!

Comment by Gillian | June 6, 2012 | Reply